Reaching Beyond Myself

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I figured it out.....well

My doctors figured out that a medication I was on for migraines for over a year had started causing my heart to race. So I abruptly stopped taking this medication about 1 week ago.

In this time frame, I've suffered from sleep deprivation and what appears to be panic attacks.............well I was talking with my doctor's nurse yesterday (he's in Chicago, so lots of phone interaction) and I told her I stopped that medication without weaning off of it....lesser of two evils kinda thing.............and she said that these panic attacks and sleep interruption at night are completely due to be abruptly stopping this med. So hurray!!!!

Now atleast I know the cause these two things are stemming from!!
She said that over the course of the next month I should be be fine. In the mean time, they've prescribed a very low dose sleeping pill......it's all a LONG story, but I'm thankful. My biggest struggle has been sleeping, so I'm excited to get some sleep and not feel like a zombie in the morning.....

My hub's family is in town today through the 14th, we move on the 15th, so if I can't write, I'll post once we've settled and we get internet access....until then be good and stay happy & healthy!!!!

Labels:

posted by True_Floridian Momma at 5:52 AM

5 Comments:

Happy moving and be safe traveling! I hope you can get some sleep ;)

August 7, 2007 at 6:27 AM  

I'm glad you have a few answers for the symtoms you have been having.

Good luck with the move and safe travels. You will be in our prayers.

August 7, 2007 at 10:00 AM  

Gee I hate to miss out on helping you move. Especially your piano. But I'm happy for you that you have found a cause.
Hope all goes well and don't forget where I live. Don't be stranger once you settle.

August 7, 2007 at 10:58 AM  

I would come help ya move..But I am not even unpacked from my trip yet;)

Hope your health stuff gets all back to normal.

have a safe move..

August 7, 2007 at 4:09 PM  

even if it sucks to be adjusting to live on and off of medication, at least you know the cause of the sudden life changes... ALTHOUGH i saw The Bourne Ultimatum last night and could see why someone would get motion sick. yikes....

August 8, 2007 at 5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home