Reaching Beyond Myself

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Resolutions

I've tried for years to "stick" to my New Year's resolutions and every year I pretty much fail.

So last year I made a "things to do,try, learn in 2007" and it worked out beautifully. I even think I started my list later than Jan. if I remember correctly.

A couple of the things I did were....

So this year, I've given a lot of thought to the "goals" I'd like to achieve. I've decided that it would be rewarding to even start any of these and if I manage to succeed kudos to me :0)

  1. Allow my husband to hear me sing (while he's recording) into his microphone and then honestly critique me......ugh....eeek...yikes
  2. Walk for the Cure at my work in April.
  3. Make a good friend here in Columbia, a friendship that is easy, not difficult.
  4. Join a gym and commit to 3 days a week
  5. Do an individual Bible Study on "Tithing"
  6. Learn how to speak Spanish at a basic level again
  7. Enroll for my Master's degree for the Summer program.

So there you have it....nothing too outlandish, nothing pertaining to "I want to lose 100 lbs this year" I want attainable, reachable goals....there they are folks, feel free to ask me how it's going throughout the year ;)

Labels:

posted by True_Floridian Momma at 3:57 PM

4 Comments:

you are so sensible ang. I look at my list and ask myself where I mentlally went wrong. Have you see that thing? IT'S HUGE!!!! And though most of it may seem attainable, there is a high volume of crap on there.... *sigh*
because I am not the sensible one in our friendship!

I've had an insane week + weekend but you said you are home tomorrow. I will call ya, lady! love ya!

January 20, 2008 at 10:30 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 20, 2008 at 10:31 AM  

and I am not sure why it posted twice... it errored out on the word verification but apparently posted anyway. Dumb blogger. sorry about that!

January 20, 2008 at 10:31 AM  

Oh you're sensible and creative and that's what I love about you.

I'm home now and tomorrow early afternoon....I would LOVE to phone chat and catch up.

love ya,
Ang

January 20, 2008 at 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home