Reaching Beyond Myself

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween suggestions and general realizations.......

Our household doesn't celebrate Halloween. It's something we choose not to participate in. We don't care if other people do, we just don't.

Well try NOT celebrating Halloween and sending your child to public school. Extremely difficult.

Anyway, I'm looking for some creative fun recipes for "fall" that I can make with my daughter that don't involve witches, ghosts or skeletons.....any suggestions?

In other news:
I was informed this morning that my daughter's favorite parent is her daddy. Sure I admit for a moment I was a bit heartbroken, BUT, growing up without my dad involved in my life makes me appreciate the relationship that my husband and daughter have. Yes I had to swallow my pride and be "ok" with this fact. But on the other side of the fence, I must admit that it makes me thankful that she has a daddy who loves and adores her so much!! So I guess he can win her "favorite" parent of the year award.....for now ;)

Sidenote: my hubs was freaked out when I told him I was polling the general blogging community on various sex questions, so I assured him that I would stop.....poor guy, almost had a heart attack when he heard ....

Labels:

posted by True_Floridian Momma at 6:56 AM

6 Comments:

We like to make spider cupcakes. We decorate chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting, put candy dots for eyes, licorice strings for legs on the edge, and cut the tips of candy corn to place in front for the pinchers. They turn out adorable. I made them last year for a friends benefit bake sale and the volunteer helpers all bought them before the sale even opened! Not necessarily a specific fall project, but not necessarily directly linked with Halloween either.

October 28, 2007 at 12:50 PM  

Kelly, thanks, they do sound adorable!! I think we'll give them a whirl....thanks :)

October 28, 2007 at 4:46 PM  

maybe make some scarecrows or some cookies in the shape of leaves and frost them, or some pumpkin cookies..

dont worry, the hubs is the fav parent with ALL my kids..them darn kids.

October 29, 2007 at 10:44 AM  

I have no fall ideas other than maybe starting a leaf collection and ironing them between sheets of wax paper and making a book.

Be lucky that she loves Daddy- Dorcas has been sick all weekend and has wanted no one but ME!

October 29, 2007 at 11:19 AM  

i posted a LONG comment yesterday and it didn't show up again???? What the heck?

October 30, 2007 at 9:09 AM  

My sweet one year old baby, who is most likely my last....ADORES his dad. He cries for him when he makes up, reaches for him while I am holding him and screams with delight when he walks into a room. Never mind that I carried him for nine months or went through physical pain giving birth to him....ah well.

But there is something so special about that too....

November 1, 2007 at 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home