Reaching Beyond Myself

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Some 2008 "must see" movie list

I don't know what it is about sitting in a dark movie theatre, munching on salty, crunchy popcorn while the world around you falls away. BUT, I must admit that I love going to the movies. I love escaping for a while into a world of make believe, maybe it's the girl inside....I don't know, but I love it. I love the smell of the old seats, the chattering among the watchers as they wait for the movie to start. I love seeing what movies are coming out next. I love the anticipation when a film is first previewed until the opening day. I love watching and laughing or crying, being challenged or provoked emotionally. Hollywood does that to me. I'm either feeling all warm and cuddly inside or ready to rip my guts out at what I just witnessed.

Today Jeff took the kids and I got to go to the movies (alone, another favorite of mine) to see 27 dresses. While I admit, it was "cute" it was just ok, BUT, the whole experience of the movie theatre made it well worth the 6.50 I spent on my ticket. Two previews that looked like movies I want to see were: Definately, maybe and Stop-loss. I didn't want to forget the titles of these two movies, so hence this "note" Which led me to thinking of all the new movies I want to see this year.

So I thought I would make a list......here goes......

The Great Debaters
Atonement
Mad Money
Definately, maybe
Stop-loss
Untraceable
Jumper
The Bucket List
Over Her Dead Body
How She Move
Juno
There will be blood
21
Speed Racer
Chronicles of Narina
The Dark Knight
Charlie Wilson's War
Things We Lost in the Fire
The Other Boyeln Girl
Wanted
The International
Eagle Eye
The Changleling

To list just a few ;)

I'm sure I missed some, but these are a good start to a "must see" list for 2008

Labels:

posted by True_Floridian Momma at 7:23 PM

3 Comments:

Quite a few of those I've seen. I have to point out that I have no interest in Definately, maybe or Over Her Dead Body...
BUT- I loved 27 Dresses! I am so sad you didn't! And surprised... you are more of a chick flick fan than I am...

How are you? Did you get my message friday?

February 3, 2008 at 9:10 AM  

Yeah, it was ok. More of a renter for me than a big screen pic. I love Katherine Heigl, so of course, I liked it :)

I didn't get a message from you. Where did you leave it? here?

PS: did you see The Great Debaters?

February 3, 2008 at 9:26 AM  

At your home... And it was friday... I will try to call you again at some point today. Things are a whirlwind...

I gave you a blog award, btw. Love you!

February 5, 2008 at 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home