Reaching Beyond Myself

Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Show Me State

So we made it to the Show Me state. For those of you who are unaware, that would be Missouri......

WOWWZERS there is a TON of corn here.........I mean like field after field times infinity........seriously.......

To sum up our trip from South Carolina to Missouri.....it was L O N G

Three days to be exact.
Of driving.

My husband rigged up some contraption to the back of his pickup truck and we were on our way. We sold most of our belongings in our garage sale, so this move was easy in that we didn't have a lot to move.

After several hours on the road, flying mattresses (we gave our king size mattress away because it kept taking flight) a puking baby boy and multiple pee stops, we have finally made it to our destination.

We are T I R E D........

First impressions:

people are extremely friendly

THANK THE LORD we no longer live in the south!!!!!!

WOW is it cheap to live here

It's amazing what landlords think is "nice" and want to charge for when in my opinion I wouldn't put my dog there (and I don't even have a dog...lol)

I finally live in the "Midwest" and I can honestly say to all the Michiganders who think by living in Michigan makes them Midwesterners.......you are wrong.......I think one would have to be as geninuely friendly as these fellow Missourians to be considered "midwestern"

It's not humid here, regardless of what the locals think, one has not experienced humidity until they've lived in a South Carolina summer.

I hope, oh so very much, that the sun actually shines here........so far I haven't seen it other than for a bright dreary day.....ugh

So we are looking for a place to live amid a million other things.......just wanted to pop in and say, "hey"

Labels:

posted by True_Floridian Momma at 6:54 PM

13 Comments:

it does shine there! I have been to missouri countless times and the sun beams! I have never seen the rain so your odds are good that sunshine is on it's way.
want to know something really crazy??? My amanda is considering the school Jeff is going to. I about fell out of my seat when she told me. (good thing I didn't, as we were in the car and i was driving...)

August 19, 2007 at 10:18 PM  

WOW it's a small world!!!
When would she start?

Guess what, I wanted to call you a hundred times as I was driving forever to get here and all your numbers are in my dead cell phone. Will you resend me your cell number to either my myspace or hotmail account??

August 20, 2007 at 7:31 AM  

Glad you are all there safe and sound. Best of luck on finding your new home and getting settled. My ex-hubby used to live in Missouri and he loved it! When does Jeff start school?

August 20, 2007 at 3:44 PM  

One of my Brothers attended Veterianry school in MO. and so got both his Masters and Doctorate degrees from U.M. No Vet schools in Ne. I've always had a good time everytime I've gone to MO. KC is only 3 1/2 hours from us.
I'm glad you made it and do hope the search for a new abode will afford comfort and all of the ammenities and a good price. Stay safe.

August 21, 2007 at 5:05 AM  

Glad y'all made it safe and sound. I am still here in the heat and humidity! Hope you find a wonderful place to live! Good luck on your new venture!

August 21, 2007 at 7:05 AM  

I have a lot of family that lives in MO/KS. What school is Jeff going to? I wonder if that is where my cousin went and then settled in the area. They love it there, but the just moved to Overland Park, KS.

Hope you can find a clean, safe home to live in.

August 21, 2007 at 9:32 AM  

glad u made it safe and sound..

corn huh?...sweet..haha

I never really considered MI a midwest state..its just kinda there, in themiddle of no mans land..

Now MN is midwest all the way too..

I dont think I am far from The Show me state...only a hop skip and a jump;)

August 21, 2007 at 11:58 AM  

Alisha, it's Central Christian College of the Bible.....have you heard of it?

Christina~
yeah,I don't think it's too far

August 21, 2007 at 3:05 PM  

hi angie! I already emailed you, but I have to say to aatank...whoever you are, that I grew up in Olathe, KS which is just next to Overland Park...which is just another weird tie in for Angie and places and people I grew up around!!!! :-)

August 22, 2007 at 9:43 AM  

Nope never heard of it, but now that I think about it I think she went to Graceland College and then her job landed her in KS.

August 22, 2007 at 1:31 PM  

After you get settled and you get time make sure you go to the St. Louis zoo. It is the best zoo I've ever been to...and I've been to a lot of zoos.

We just moved from the midwest(sort of...Indiana) to SC and we love the South. It is VERY humid though down here and HOT! We never had weeks in a row of 100 degree weather where I grew up so that is hard to get used to.

Good luck with everything!

August 23, 2007 at 6:37 AM  

Sounds like you had quite an adventure getting there...so where are you staying??

August 23, 2007 at 10:28 AM  

i will...

I believe next fall. She would choose it for a boy, i suspect... but also for God... It's a toss up really, I just thought it was bizarre.

August 24, 2007 at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home