Reaching Beyond Myself

Saturday, April 19, 2008

My son

My little man will be turning 3 years old the end of this month.

Seriously, I can't believe it.

When he was born, I never imagined him as a 3 year old, simply because he was my newborn son. Now that he is rounding the corner to the #3, I can't imagine him as a 14 year old. Alas, he will approach his teen years at some point. From there college, first loves, driving, ahhhhh, the list goes on and on

But today I relish in his little accomplishments.....

like jumping out of the bathtub two nights ago and landing on the potty just in time to poop in the great, white porcelin potty, instead of the bubble bath that awaited his return.

like listening to him sing his ABCs and counting to more than 30.

like watching him play and share his toys with his sister (sure it only happens on a rare occassion, but it's something, right?)

like smiling to myself as he asks me for a rojo popscile instead of a red one :)

like having him tell me his very best friends at school are named: Dude, Hunter and Tessy-Wessy

Ahhhh, my little mister holds my heart and soon he'll be turning 3!!!!

Time does fly when you're a mommy :)

Labels:

posted by True_Floridian Momma at 7:35 AM

1 Comments:

so sweet! i can't wait to see him! Hopefully in the summer, but for sure by fall!

April 19, 2008 at 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home