Reaching Beyond Myself

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Family Vacation Weekend

I'm so excited.

We've never taken a family vacation. My daughter is 5 years old.

The last vacation I had was my honeymoon....pathetic right?

Well this weekend we are loading up the kids, car and heading away to camp, camp, camp.

I was never a big camper that is until I've had kids and haven't had a vacation in forever.

My kids have never been, so I'm thrilled to watch them see the tent go up, figure out we are sleeping outside, watch daddy make a fire, eat their first smore', take walks exploring and looking at the beautiful fall leaves changing colors, singing around the campfire at night while daddy plays his guitar, finding God in nature.....I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

Now I must figure out if Missouri has any critters that could harm us.....eek, I am so NOT a fan of critters, insect-like or bigger, just not a fan, so I'm hoping what I discover on google will not freak me out. LOL

I'll post pics. when we get back

Have a great weekend!!!

Labels:

posted by True_Floridian Momma at 8:13 PM

6 Comments:

My daughter took our grandson on a cub scout camping trip a week ago. I insisted she take our little porcelain, plug in heater and an extension cord. She didn't want to but took it and she thanked me over and over. It's nice to take the chill off of the air this time of year. Especially when you are tenting.
I'm happy for you that you are getting to go. We've spent time on expensive vacations and a lot of camping vacations and it's the camping our grown up kids remember the most and want to emulate for their kids.

September 28, 2007 at 4:45 AM  

Cliff~ yikes a heater? I don't think we have electricity where we are camping.....eek....hopefully we won't need it, but we are taking warm clothes and lots and lots of bedding, so hopefully that will be enough :) hopefully
Yes I love camping for that reason, that the kids will have a blast....can't wait!!

September 28, 2007 at 5:07 AM  

yay for camping!!! yay for vacations!!!!

September 28, 2007 at 10:12 AM  

enjoy I do here that there are some kind of big harry spiders out there.... have fun

September 28, 2007 at 1:01 PM  

Glad to hear you are feeling better! Have fun camping! Me and the outdoors just don't get along!

September 29, 2007 at 3:27 PM  

did you have a great time, my friend? I hope so!

October 1, 2007 at 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home