Reaching Beyond Myself

Sunday, September 2, 2007

My recovery in a nutshell

Thanks to everyone who has stopped by this little stop and offered their kind words of encouragement!! It's been fun to visit and read your comments.

I'm starting to feel slightly human again. I have my moments, then I give in to the exhaustion that seems overpowering at times. I find myself sleeping a TON, puking/pooping a TON, sleeping some more, popping painkillers, puking/pooping some more.........let me tell you, it's a blast around here!! LOL

On the flip side I figure this may be a great weight-loss initiative!! HA HA

I've decided that I would rather have another C-section with a 10lb baby than have my gallbladder out. Those who say this surgery is cake.....pfft to you.....I called my surgeon's nurse on Friday and asked her why I wasn't recovering as quickly as I've heard that people recover from this surgery do. She reminded me that 1. it was done on an emergency basis. 2. I just moved to MO, so I was already exhausted. 3. My gallbladder was pretty inflammed and nasty, and honey, let's not forget an organ was removed from your body..........."Oh" I said, so I'm on the two week recovery plan, eh?" She laughed and said, "atleast"
geesh.....they could have been a little more upfront.

The kicker in all of this is that I am suppose to be the bread winner now and I can't sit up for more than 15 minutes without feeling like I might pass out...........oh golly....more to worry about.......


Anyway, it's ramen, oatmeal and coke for this family of four, or atleast my hubs and kiddos as I think it's wasteful for me to eat since it ends up in the toliet one way or the other within 15 minutes of swallowing.....

That's my recovery in a nutshell..........LOL

Labels:

posted by True_Floridian Momma at 6:49 PM

7 Comments:

Oh Angie! I am so sorry!!! I'll be praying for extra grace for you. And you are in good company with the ramen and oatmeal...we've had many a stretch where we existed on such...hang in there!!

September 3, 2007 at 11:08 AM  

Mandi~ thanks for your prayers, I appreciate it. Yes, I keep telling myself the ramen and oatmeal will help me appreciate the finer things in life...teehee :)

September 3, 2007 at 1:42 PM  

So sorry to hear all of this. Your family doesn't really need bread anyway. Money maybe, but not bread.

September 3, 2007 at 4:51 PM  

Cliff~ LOL, good to know....thanks for stopping by, fill me in on blogfest

September 3, 2007 at 6:39 PM  

Hope you feel better soon.! Blogfest??? What Blogfest? I like the song on your page btw...very catchy!

September 4, 2007 at 5:17 AM  

We've had some times when we lived off peanut butter and hot dogs! Not fun! I hope ya get to feelin' better soon!

September 4, 2007 at 3:30 PM  

This just does not sound very fun at all!

September 6, 2007 at 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home