Reaching Beyond Myself

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Understanding

True understanding comes from leaving the comfy confines of denial and actually looking at the full picture, acknowledging it, learning from it and then accepting it.

I believe I have finally arrived in my understanding for our life. Or atleast I have a small glimpse into one tiny area.....ha ha

What do I mean?

I have finally come to terms with the fact that I will never shop at Ethan Allen or Bombay Co. on our current or future salary and I am completely OK with this new understanding.

Well I should say, I am NOW OK with this new understanding.

Don't get me wrong I love to shop, I like new things and I find that my taste is usually expensive. I just naturally gravitate toward expensive things without knowing who the designer is until someone tells me, "oh Angie, that Christine Dior" my response is usually, "who?" I just like the product.....

We've never been able to shop with the big dogs, we got close in Florida. The irony though while we were there is that we never saw the hubs. He was always working. Sure I shopped a ton more than now, but the trade-off was not seeing the man. So when he lost his job and we moved to SC and now to here, we've finally cocooned into who we will be from here on out.

We will be in full-time ministry and with that comes amazing freedom in doing something you love, also some time (odd hours actually) of seeing daddy.....like right now, we see him all day on Monday because he doesn't have class (which I would take time spent with Hubs rather than extra money to shop....just me)......and frugality.
God has blessed us already with amazing gifts ranging from a $12 recliner to a gift of money over $1000. You know that the absolute most humbling thing to me is.......being good stewards of what has been given to us and what will be.....seriously, this is a whole new life lesson for me and I am honored and terrified!!!

Understanding is truly a gift in that it allows a person to see for the first time, learn for the first time and understand God on a whole new scale.

these are just some ramblings of mine for today. hope it makes sense I had to take painkillers for the tummy last night....lol

Labels:

posted by True_Floridian Momma at 9:51 AM

3 Comments:

You guys will do wonderful! Hope you are healing well!

September 12, 2007 at 6:58 PM  

That's the point I'm at in life. We don't have great amounts of things, but the things I do have I'm happy. God gives us the things in life to survive and teaches us to be thankful.

Hope your feeling well.

September 13, 2007 at 7:21 AM  

Separating your wants from your needs will be done by God.
I remember wishing for several years that I wanted an automatic garage door opener. When what I needed was a garage.

September 14, 2007 at 5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home