Reaching Beyond Myself

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I'd forget my head if.....

it wasn't already glued on!!!!!!

Geepers......

So I don't know what it's like in other states, but it seems that the public school system here in Missouri let's kids out every other day............seriously, if it's not because of the heat, it's because the teacher's are having a conference day, district day, you name it day.........

So today was "picture" day at my daughter's school. I somehow managed to get her dressed, hair brushed, teeth/face washed and out the door, just in time to make it to school to get her in line for pictures. Genius that they have the Kindergarteners go first......bravo to whomever decided this logic....

No problem, I'm feeling quite proud of myself. Since today was the first day of our "schedule" since Nanna left, I was feeling accomplished. I even took my son to the mall to walk a few laps. We nicely got home, had lunch and got the tired boy down for a nap. Then the phone rings.....

"Mrs. Deale?" the voice asked.

"Yes this is she." I replied.

"Yes, this is so & so from your daughter's school, we let the kids out today at 1:15pm as a regularly scheduled day, are you able to pick her up....now?"

"OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!" I gasped. "Yes of course, I am on my way."

I scoop up my half awake son and run for the car. I look at the clock it's almost 2pm. Why did they take so long in calling me? I wonder as I drive.

I get to the school a mere 10 mins. later and run into the office. I notice I'm not the only SUV/Van sitting in the parking lot and my daughter is definately not the only one sitting in the office......Whew, I breathe a sigh of relief......I spot my daughter, a little nervously I wave thinking the poor thing has been forgotten, what a terrible mommy I am for not remembering the 1/2 day today.....beating myself up as I wait for her to run to me.....

She skips over and says, "ahhh mom, that was quick I was just starting to have fun!" :)

WHEW again..................

when will I get this???!!!?!?!?!?.....being a full-time momma and getting on a schedule. (I didn't mention, but my daughter doesn't ride the bus, so she's a parent pick up which is non-negotiable)

am I the only parent in the world who has forgotten to pick up there kid?

oh well.......the moral of the story...........atleast I remembered picture day!!!! LOL

Labels:

posted by True_Floridian Momma at 12:12 PM

7 Comments:

i didn't ever forget her but had to comment that, as a non-negotiable parent pick up family too- newly in the public school system- public schools DO let kids out a lot. Genny has an average of 3, 3 day weekend...

September 25, 2007 at 10:12 PM  

It's crazy....so far not impressed with the school system here. So far we've learned the days of the week and a ton about Hannah Montana...oh happy day on HM...ugh

when did my kiddo grow up? where was I? lol

September 26, 2007 at 5:33 PM  

I'm glad they didn't just turn the 'poor forgotten, mommyless child loose'. : }
Yep, our school lets kids out for some strange reasons too.

September 27, 2007 at 2:33 AM  

I can't say I've ever forgotten the kids, but it is SOO easy to have something like that slip your mind, no worries. Our kids haven't had a day off yet..interesting.

September 27, 2007 at 4:25 AM  

LOL, Hannah Montana curriculum. didn't you know? It's the new thing...
Just kidding.
It does take awhile though. The acclimation/year establishment of a routine takes a good month or two...

September 27, 2007 at 7:07 AM  

I haven't forgotten my kids per say, but I have lost track of time and was late a few times.

We have our first day off in Oct. and then not again until Thanksgiving. But they rarely have 1/2 days. Mine rides the bus and loves it.

No worries...Your not alone.

September 27, 2007 at 7:09 AM  

Myst~ oh yes, Hannah is now a staple in our household....eek!!

Alisha~ Wow, Adalai will have roughly 10 days either off or 1/2 days before T-giving....I think it's crazy.

Cliff~ me too!! If they had, she would have been wandering around crying, no doubt....poor girl

Mandi~ yes, and it seems my mind is more forgetful with age...lol
Michigan probably knows what they are doing without a day off yet...I think it's smarter. It's hard on any routine when I am constantly picking her up for something....ugh

September 27, 2007 at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home