Reaching Beyond Myself

Friday, August 31, 2007

Alive, Breathing and in pain

Hi all,
just a quick update. The surgery went off without any problems. It was a simple outpatient procedure and yes I have three poke holes....lol

I am still in quite a bit of pain. I feel like I've birthed my third child out from under my rib cage, so I have been heavily medicated the last two days and in bed sleeping.

Seriously I don't care what people say, this surgery was PAINFUL!!!
However, the pain is worth it to not have the "other" pain I was experiencing from having an inflammed, stone-ridden gallbladder.

My mom and dad are coming down today and my mom will stay for two weeks.....thank God!!

that's about it...........I will write more later once I start feeling human again

Labels:

posted by True_Floridian Momma at 5:11 AM

6 Comments:

I'm thankful for modern medicine. I'll bet you are too! Glad to hear you've been spared a slow painful death. I've heard the old gallbladder surgery was one of the worst kinds and that your pain likely would have killed me. Otherwise I'm pretty darned tough.
The day after tomorrow your kindergartener will be asking you to help plan and pay for a large wedding. Maybe she won't need to pay the preacher.
Just a thought about starving preachers. We are nearing the end of a 3 year search for our next minister. We have found that there are a large number of smaller churches in country being Pastored by seminary students. A good fit for both usually. It can make life comfortable for the student and the church has some leadership while they wait.
Hope to see you at blogstock o8. I think Tekamah is only 3 or 4 hours from you. It takes us 3.5 to KC.
An After thought. My Dad used to say a young preacher should always go to a small church for their first ministry so there will be fewer witnesses. : )

August 31, 2007 at 5:45 AM  

I'm glad everything went well. Medicine is made for a reason...they say you'll heal better if your comfortable.

Thank God for Mom's...what would we do without them.

August 31, 2007 at 8:16 AM  

wwwooo hhhooo good drugs help so much. Thanks for stoppin by,, have a nice sleep,

August 31, 2007 at 2:02 PM  

I hope your mom takes good care of you!

September 1, 2007 at 5:36 PM  

Im glad all went well...take care,rest, and heal up...when did they start doing gallbladders in an outpatient setting?? Did you get some fries and a soda with that? sheesh!!! I thought it was considered major surgery, but what do I know...again take care, im glad your feelling a little better at least.

September 2, 2007 at 10:52 AM  

Hope you get feeling better soon. My SIL had hers out a few years back. She said the pain was awful but she didn't take too long to heal with some good painkillers ;) Hope you enjoy your visit with your mom!

September 2, 2007 at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home