Reaching Beyond Myself

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Random thoughts and sex ed.- Viewer Discretion Advised-

I have a job. I'm newly employed.

It's starts tomorrow.

I'll be working for the University Health System.....hooray.....pathetic pay, but great benefits!!

Oh yes, and super great hours....early, but out to pick up my daughter from school......another hooray.

So I've entitled this post, "Random Thougths" because today has just been.......to say the least........random.

Not bad, not good, just super random.

It started with church. We are still in the process of trying to find a place to belong. UGH, can I just say I absolutely HATE this process for a lot of different reasons, but mostly because you have to sit through a TON of really really boring churches before finding that place you can call "Home".
Anyway, we went to a new "start up" church. From it's name, description and style we were thinking it might have staying potential........WRONG!!!!.........

BORING.....I feel bad saying it, but there wasn't anything we liked about it and that's not saying much because we are inclined to find something we like in a church and atleast consider attending a couple more times.

This one, we won't be going back. Perhaps the ONLY reason we would consider attending again is because the pastor looked like House from teh TV show House and we all know this isn't a reason to attend a church....LOL
It wasn't like they had glaringly different beliefs than us or anything like that, it was just so incredibly boring that if hubs wasn't falling asleep, I was.....yikes.....

So really boring church started our day.....

Then we got home and decided we would take the sugar cookies the kids and I made yesterday around to our neighbors. (sidenote: something I LOVE about Missouri is how wonderfully hospitable people are here....love it!!) But only one of the three neighbors were home, so we'll attempt tomorrow.

As we finished eating our luch, our phone rang. It was a sweet wonderful friend of mine whom I don't get to talk to very often because she's super busy, newly engaged and planning a wedding.........like I said, busy.......She called because our last conversation ended abruptly so we were picking up there. Today, though, the conversation turned to the topic of sex. (random) Since she's a Christian, she obvisously waiting to get married and had a lot of questions about various things from birth control to appropriatness of certain things. ANYWAY, it got me to thinking about my faith and the issue of sex.

Why is it that we Christians don't really talk about it? Seriously? I mean here is a person who is getting married and has questions. Thankfully, she felt the freedom to ask me questions. (I'm kinda known for putting it all out there......LOL) I thought it was sweet because here she is getting married, new to the concept of sex and needing advice/answers.
It seems like in the church we are "ok" with talking about sex with newly engaged couples, but what about us ole fogeys?

This question got me to thinking, Hubs and I just celebrated our 7 year anniversary and I STILL have sex questions. Who can I ask? It seems like once the honeymoon is over Christians clam up and quit talking about sex.
Feel free to answer this regardless of your faith association and discreetly PLEASE.

My sex question: After the newlywed phase wears off, how often do you and your spouse have sex in a month?
If you aren't comfortable commenting here, please feel free to email me.

So like I said, RANDOM today, oh yeah, I napped for about 4 hours so I'm still a little groggy....forgive me.....but I am curious and maybe if I get brave enough I'll ask other "sex" questions, but for now that's all I've got........ :)

Labels:

posted by True_Floridian Momma at 5:05 PM

13 Comments:

Not as often as we should. It just seems that life gets in the way and we forget how powerful sex can be in a relationship! I think that guys forget that sex is not the only way to show "true" love. I would rather have someone touch my heart than my crotch ;)

October 7, 2007 at 5:40 PM  

Carmen~ too funny....VERY true
thanks for commenting

October 7, 2007 at 8:20 PM  

um married 29 years and I think "how many times a year would fit us...... good question

October 7, 2007 at 10:46 PM  

As a married woman of 20 years with two teenaged children in the house, it's the same question I have. But hey - I just went to a "toy party" this weekend and have been blogging about it so maybe you should go check it out!

http://kitchenlogic.wordpress.com

October 8, 2007 at 2:57 PM  

just a mom~ good point, it's a tough question

kathy~ thanks for stopping by, I have no idea what a "toy party" is, but I'll stop by and read up

October 8, 2007 at 3:27 PM  

I'm not sure how I found you Angie. But I stopped by and your blog looked like a nice place to visit for awhile!

October 8, 2007 at 4:20 PM  

Did you read my comment or did it get removed OR (worst case scenario) I put the comment intended for you on someone elses blog? I might be ruined.

October 8, 2007 at 4:26 PM  

i left u a comment too... did u not get it?

October 8, 2007 at 7:40 PM  

Cliff & Misty~ no I didn't get either of your comments.....could you resend them?

thanks so much :)

Kathy~ well welcome, it's nice to have a new reader hanging around

October 8, 2007 at 8:40 PM  

What I said went something like this.
My wife has cut me down to sex twice a month. But hey, I'm lucky, I know some guys she's cut out all together. ~Rodney Dangerfield~
No seriously, men would prefer to be asked how many times a week and women would prefer to speak of times per month.
I think the important thing is that each gets their way once in a while AND that neither one keeps track.
Remember, it's supposed to be the most fun you can have without laughing.

October 8, 2007 at 9:27 PM  

true true, well except for your Rodney quote ;)

anyway, if we were keeping track my husband's response would be how many times a day, rather than the week tally....lol

October 9, 2007 at 3:49 PM  

LOL, this is great! I totally agree about Christtians not talking about sex. We seem to be so comfortable listening to non believers talk about it all the time on TV and most of the time it's casual!! So why not when it's how God intended it to be in the covenant of marriage?!?!? Now there needs to be some discretion as I'm not sure posting our sex lives is a great idea, but certainly when there are questions..a.bsolutely. I have gone to my girlfriends on more than one occasion with sex questions! So here's my answer.....brace yourself......8, sometimes more....how come I'm the only one with a number? :)

October 16, 2007 at 4:13 AM  

Married over 30 years. About twice per week.

December 4, 2007 at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home