Reaching Beyond Myself

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Who is the lesser of two evils?

So I'm a bit frustrated with politics, especially as the smearing is getting underway.

I haven't decided who I will vote for, I've always voted conservative in the passed, but honestly I'm just not too sure this time around.

I can tell you I'm NOT a Guiliani fan.....at all, I think it's bunk that the man who is quite liberal is running under the guise of republican and honestly, I'm sick of hearing how wonderful he was at running New York City. Seriously, if that's all he's got to fall back on, we'd be in trouble for voting for him.

I can tell you I'm NOT a Hillary fan any longer. I think she's got great ideas for health care (an issue that is seriously close to my heart), but outside of that, I feel she's riding on the coat tails of ole Bill, who knew the man was still so popular?? I certainly didn't!!

I can tell you that I'm NOT a George W. Bush fan at all. (glad he can't run again) I admit, I voted for him. I admit that I pray for him. But I was DEEPLY disappointed to find out today that he vetoed a bill that would expand health care coverage to poor children, and not just "poor" children, but children like mine who's parents are hardworking Americans, but can't afford the 1200 month it would cost outside of a group plan to insure my family. What is wrong with this country when we won't insure every person, we overcharge for cancer and the insurance companies continue to get richer off of those who suffer??

Sidenote: did any see Oprah the other day when she had Michael Moore on speaking about health insurance in this country??? If you didn't see it, find a copy of that tape, it's powerful!!!

So the issues that I'm looking at in this election are: health care, taxes, Iraq and moral character.......whew, is there a canidate out there who has all of this going on? That person, in my mind, would be the "lesser of two evils"

Labels:

posted by True_Floridian Momma at 10:11 AM

1 Comments:

I am unsure as well..I voted for GWB in 2000 but DID NOT in 04'

We still have lots of time to decide..I have been trying to catch all the debates I can, I love those things.

I am not a Guliani fan either..

Frankly I am most certain I will not be voing Repulican at all.

Only time will tell I suppose.

October 3, 2007 at 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home