Reaching Beyond Myself

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wowzers, I'm outta shape

Wowzers, I quickly learned yesterday how seriously out of shape I have gotten.

Over the course of our several moves in 2007 I have failed to stay on a rigorous workout schedule. I've done what I can here and there, BUT, let's face it...I am out of shape

So yesterday, my mom, hubby and children along with myself head to this remarkable "state" recreation (it's like the Great Wolf Lodge, only cheap) where I proceed to purchase goggles for myself.

SIDENOTE: many of you don't know, but I spent a summer in Italy working as a lifeguard. I typically don't mention it because it was a time that was tied to a yucky boy......anyway, swimming provided excellent exercise that I was in the best shape I've ever been in, in my life....

SOOOOOO fast forward to last night. I decide I'll lap swim. Afterall, there is a girl I work with who has been lap swimming for about 5 months now and she's lost about 70lbs.....I say sign me up :)

So I swim. About 10 laps and this morning. I hurt so badly....my legs, my back, my arms....last night my calves even hurt :)
no kidding, who knew that swimming could be so physically demanding?

So I am planning to keep up with it. I love it now....I had forgotten

So here's to lap swimming. MY goal for the end of May is to be able to swim 50 laps without feeling like I'm going to die :)

**here here**
posted by True_Floridian Momma at 5:59 AM

4 Comments:

I love swimming but the only downside is BLACK HAIR!!! I'm one of those women who run from rain. Sad, I know, it's just another excuse.

April 29, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

Way to go! I love to swim too, but MI weather is not very condusive to regular swimming. Unless your rich that is and could afford to put your pool indoors.

Keep striving tward your goals for a happier and healthier you!

April 30, 2008 at 7:51 AM  

I LOVE swimming, it is one of the best exercises u can do..

Good Luck with ur goal..

May 3, 2008 at 8:07 AM  

I love to swim too and when we joined the YMCA I decided that would be my exercise. Well I swam three laps and thought I would die! So it's the Arc Trainer for me! But good for you, keep it up!

May 6, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home