Reaching Beyond Myself

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day One.....

Sitting in the cold office, watching my son play with books and crayons, I realized today would be a defining moment in my life.

I was only there to check to see if I had an ear infection or if it was just allergies. Afterall, we weren't living in my beautiful home of Florida, rather a dreary, hot/humid/dry Midwest. So far the gray days seemed to be less than Michigan, yet my energy level hasn't been like it was in Florida.

The doctor entered.

He examined my ear.

Yup an ear infection......ugh....ok I'll take my antibotics and be on my way.

Oh wait, there's more?

What else could there be?

I only needed you to check my ear, you did, it's fine, let's go.

What do you mean, my lab work is borderline?

Borderline what?

No diabetes doesn't run in my family.......the only family member I know of who has had diabetes was my maternal grandpa and he wasn't diagnosed until he was 90.

Oh, I didn't know the steriods I use to treat my migraines cause me to be at a higher risk for diabetes.

Why wasn't I told that?

Oh right, isn't that always the answer......it's the lesser of two evils.

Right, a stroke would be devastating, sure diabetes is more ****ahem***managable.

Of course, I understand that I DO NOT have diabetes, but even hearing that word makes my skin crawl.

You better believe I'll be hitting the gym, doing weight watchers, you name it!!!

****The END*****

The end to living in fear that I will die from a curable, treatable disease.

The end of living in constant fear that my health at 33 will be the end of the only mother my children will know.

I'm done!!!

Today I start to blog about the rest of my life in the years to come. My struggles with not wanting to exercise, or eat right, yet my willingness to reach beyond the comfortable to live another day with my children on this earth.

Today starts the beginning of my new life!

Labels:

posted by True_Floridian Momma at 11:58 AM

2 Comments:

cool background...

you know I always stand by you and support you- whatever you do. I love you Ang!

May 28, 2008 at 9:06 AM  

Misty,
thanks, that means a lot to mean!!!

I love ya too my friend

May 28, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home