Reaching Beyond Myself

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Back on Track.......

I fell off the "work out" train for about 3 days due to a migraine.......very frustrating.

Then my kids got sick.

Instead of falling into a usual routine of "not going" back to the gym for 3 months because I fell off the train.........I went.......today...........HURRAY for me :0)
~sorry had to toot my own horn for a sec.
So my sweetheart of a friend, whom I cherish beyond measure: www.mistywagner.blogspot.com has agreed to be my accountability partner and I hers. We are still fine tuning the details, but I must admit, she sent me an email describing how wonderfully she's doing.........GO MYST!!!!!!!!!! and it spurred me on to get my big fat arse back in the gym.....THANKS GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!
Today I decided that I would weight myself.............E E K!!!!!!!!! run for your life (is really how I felt) but I did it because besides setting some "health" goals, I do want to lose 20-30 lbs before a family wedding we are attending the end of July.
Now, first you must know. I absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, L O A T H E scales......I think they are satan's fingers in an attempt to wrap his grainy/death grip on my mind to discourage me from continuing to press forward in my weight loss/health journey..........but hey, that's just me ;0)
However, I was able to fit into a pair of capris from 2 summers ago (when I was working out like a crazy woman in Florida) AND they fit......not like a glove or body paint, but they fit. So it got me to thinking, have I lost weight? is this just my imagination? hmmmmm
So I hopped on satan's death grip machine A N D.................. guess what?!?!?!!???!?!??!?!?
I lost a whopping 6.5 lbs!!!! WHOOT!!!!!!!!!
I'm proud of myself and just had to share.....teehee
so I continue to encourage myself and any other readers who stop by here.........remember, it's all about the ****baby steps****
posted by True_Floridian Momma at 11:34 AM

2 Comments:

yay for you! i am so proud!!!! Good job! I will email you my short term goals in a bit... love ya!

June 20, 2008 at 8:12 AM  

6.5#, I think that is great already!! It helps to stick with things when you see results like that. I diet, exercise...see no weigh results and then give up. Your journey is encouraging me, I need to try this seriously too! I went to the dr. the other day for a physical for our adoption papers, I could not believe how much I weighed! I am only 8 pounds under what I weighed the day I went in to have my daughter, and I was full term! Yikes!

June 22, 2008 at 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home