Reaching Beyond Myself

Monday, June 2, 2008

sweating and my old bones

Today was my first day back to the gym and boy did it feel good!!!

Missouri is quite different in the way they "do fitness" here. There are about 2 types of gyms you can choose from. One where you have a key and use a small room with fitness equiptment anytime of the day or night. OR you can join the "mega gym" where there are pools, multiple facilities, all woman only gym, co ed gyms, pilates machine classes, etc.....very cool....even a cardio class for my kids oh and pools, tons of pools. So I joined. HURRAY!!!!!

Since I haven't worked out in a year. I found a machine in the corner of the "all female" gym on the campus and began on the treadmill. I thought I would only last about 10 mins, but to my surprise, I managed to stay on there for 45 mins at a clip of 4.5......hurray. I was proud of myself, if I must admit. So I'm looking forward to a daily, sweaty workout that gets me back on my path to weight loss and health.

No heart disease, no high blood pressure, no diabetes, no health problems from being overweight for me!!!!

Tomorrow I'm going to take a acqua exercise class, so we'll see, I've never done anything like that before.

I am feeling very inspired, I must say. I've been reading health magazines and in one article a girl lost like 120lbs and she said she didn't think about the entire number but focused on 10 lbs a month, so I've decided to implement this idea.


So press on......take hold of the task that lay ahead......it's worth it!!

Labels:

posted by True_Floridian Momma at 11:20 AM

3 Comments:

water aerobics is my absolute favorite thing!

June 2, 2008 at 4:30 PM  

im pullin 4 ya....

the gym sounds fabulous..

our gym has the key things and open 24 hours a day..I love that..

June 2, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

misty, i'm excited to try it. I'm starting with the "50 & fit" class since I'm a beginner...LOL too funny

Christina,
yes I love my new gym. I am a bit scardy cat at night, so the 24/7 thing doesn't work for me :)

June 2, 2008 at 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home