Reaching Beyond Myself
Thursday, January 17, 2008
So last year I made a "things to do,try, learn in 2007" and it worked out beautifully. I even think I started my list later than Jan. if I remember correctly.
A couple of the things I did were....
- learn to knit.......check
- overcome my fear of attempting to play the guitar in front of my advanced guitar playing husband......check
- make a new friend.....check....I accomplished that on my road trip to Nashville
- get out of my comfort zone if only briefly......check, see above
- walk 10 miles a week......check, it only lasted while I was in FL, but that was atleast 1/2 a year, so for that 1/2 check
So this year, I've given a lot of thought to the "goals" I'd like to achieve. I've decided that it would be rewarding to even start any of these and if I manage to succeed kudos to me :0)
- Allow my husband to hear me sing (while he's recording) into his microphone and then honestly critique me......ugh....eeek...yikes
- Walk for the Cure at my work in April.
- Make a good friend here in Columbia, a friendship that is easy, not difficult.
- Join a gym and commit to 3 days a week
- Do an individual Bible Study on "Tithing"
- Learn how to speak Spanish at a basic level again
- Enroll for my Master's degree for the Summer program.
So there you have it....nothing too outlandish, nothing pertaining to "I want to lose 100 lbs this year" I want attainable, reachable goals....there they are folks, feel free to ask me how it's going throughout the year ;)